Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|V…||Va Vb Vc Vch Vd Vdd Vð Ve Vf Vff Vg Vi Vj Vl Vll Vm Vn Vng Vo Vp Vr Vrh Vs Vt Vth Vu Vv Vw Vy Vỽ|
Occurrences of ‘V’
There are 82 occurrences of V.
- NLW MS. Peniarth 7
- NLW MS. Peniarth 21
- Cambridge Trinity College MS. O.7.1
- NLW MS. Peniarth 36A
- NLW MS. Peniarth 36B
- NLW MS. Peniarth 20
- Cardiff MS. 1.362 (Hafod 1)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 5 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 1)
- BL Additional MS. 19,709
- NLW MS. 20143A
- NLW MS. Peniarth 15
- BL Additional MS. 14,912
- Shrewsbury MS. 11
- NLW MS. Peniarth 11
- NLW MS. Llanstephan 27 (The Red Book of Talgarth)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 12 part ii
- Philadelphia MS. 8680
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 190
- NLW MS. Peniarth 19
Words starting with ‘V…’
There are 3,968 words starting with V….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.