Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|U…||Ua Ub Uc Uch Ud Udd Ue Uf Uff Ug Uh Ui Ul Un Ung Uo UR Urh Us Ut Uth Uu Uv Uw Uy Uỻ Uỽ|
Occurrences of ‘U’
There are 40 occurrences of U.
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. A XIV
- BL Harley MS. 4353
- NLW MS. Peniarth 35
- NLW MS. Peniarth 37
- NLW MS. Peniarth 45
- NLW MS. Peniarth 9
- NLW MS. Peniarth 20
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. B V part i
- Cardiff MS. 1.363 (Hafod 2)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 14, pp.101-90
- NLW MS. Peniarth 5 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 1)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 4 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 2)
- BL Additional MS. 19,709
- NLW MS. 20143A
- Oxford Rawlinson MS. B 467
- NLW MS. Peniarth 11
- NLW MS. Llanstephan 27 (The Red Book of Talgarth)
Words starting with ‘U…’
There are 1,830 words starting with U….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.