Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|ỻ…||ỻa ỻch ỻe ỻh ỻi ỻj ỻl ỻo ỻr ỻth ỻu ỻv ỻw ỻẏ ỻỽ|
Occurrences of ‘ỻ’
There are 7 occurrences of ỻ.
- BL Additional MS. 14,912
- NLW MS. Llanstephan 27 (The Red Book of Talgarth)
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 190
Words starting with ‘ỻ…’
There are 1,194 words starting with ỻ….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.