Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|W…||Wa Wb Wc Wch Wd Wdd We Wf Wff Wg Wh Wi WJ Wl Wm Wn Wo Wp Wr Wrh Ws Wt Wth Wu Ww Wẏ Wỻ Wỽ|
Occurrences of ‘W’
There are 53 occurrences of W.
- NLW MS. Peniarth 7
- NLW MS. Peniarth 21
- NLW MS. Peniarth 3 part ii
- NLW MS. Peniarth 36A
- NLW MS. 3036 (Mostyn 117)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 6 part iv
- BL Harley MS. 4353
- NLW MS. Peniarth 35
- NLW MS. Peniarth 37
- NLW MS. Peniarth 45
- NLW MS. Peniarth 20
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. B V part ii
- NLW MS. Peniarth 4 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 2)
- BL Cotton Titus MS. D IX
- NLW MS. 3035 (Mostyn 116)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 15
- Oxford Rawlinson MS. B 467
- NLW MS. Peniarth 11
- NLW MS. Peniarth 12 part ii
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 32 (Y Llyfr Teg)
Words starting with ‘W…’
There are 3,042 words starting with W….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.