Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|G…||Ga Gc Gd Ge Gg Gh Gi GJ Gl Gll Gn Gng Go Gr Grh Gs Gt Gth Gu Gv Gw Gy Gỽ|
|Gy…||Gya Gyb Gyc Gych Gyd Gydd Gye Gyf Gyff Gyg Gyh Gyi Gyl Gyll Gym Gyn Gyng Gyo Gyp Gyr Gyrh Gys Gyt Gyth Gyu Gyv Gyw Gẏỻ Gyỽ|
Occurrences of ‘Gy’
There are 30 occurrences of Gy.
- NLW MS. 3036 (Mostyn 117)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 45
- NLW MS. Peniarth 20
- Cardiff MS. 1.362 (Hafod 1)
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. B V part ii
- NLW MS. Peniarth 4 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 2)
- NLW MS. 3035 (Mostyn 116)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 15
- Oxford Rawlinson MS. B 467
- NLW MS. Peniarth 11
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 190
- NLW MS. Peniarth 33
Words starting with ‘Gy…’
There are 3,089 words starting with Gy….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.