Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|Y…||Ya Yb Yc Ych Yd Ydd Yð Ye ẏf Yff Yg Yh Yi Yl Yll Ym Yn Yng ẏo Yp ẏq Yr Yrh ẏs Yt ẏth Yu Yv Yw Yy Yỻ Yỽ|
|Ya…||Yac Yach Yad Yae Yaf Yag Yal Yam Yan Yar Yas Yat Yau Yav Yaw ẏaẏ Yaỽ|
Occurrences of ‘Ya’
There are 10 occurrences of Ya.
- NLW MS. Peniarth 21
- NLW MS. Peniarth 3 part ii
- NLW MS. Peniarth 45
- NLW MS. Peniarth 14, pp.101-90
- Cardiff MS. 1.362 (Hafod 1)
- NLW MS. Peniarth 5 (The White Book of Rhydderch, part 1)
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
Words starting with ‘Ya…’
There are 88 words starting with Ya….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.