Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|b…||Ba Bb Bch Bd Be Bf Bh Bi BJ Bl Bll Bn Bo Br Brh Bs Bth Bu Bv Bw By Bỽ|
|br…||Bra Brd Bre Brg Bri Brll Brn Bro Brs Brt Brth Bru Brv Brw Bry Brỽ|
|bra…||Braa Brab Brac Brach Brad Bradd Braf Braff Brag Brah Brai Bram Bran Brao Bras Brat Brath Brau Brav Braw Braỽ|
|bran…||Brana Branc Brand Brann Brant Branu Branv Branw Branỽ|
Occurrences of ‘branwen’
There are 5 occurrences of branwen.
- Oxford Jesus College MS. 111 (The Red Book of Hergest)
Words starting with ‘branwen…’
There is 1 word starting with branwen….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.