Welsh Prose 1300–1425 is a corpus of some 2.8 million words from 54 manuscripts.
This wordlist enables you to search the corpus by selecting the beginnings of words. This can be more flexible than the search facility, especially in the case of variant spellings.
Find words beginning with:
|A B C Ch D Dd ð E F Ff G H I J L Ll M N Ng O P Ph Q R Rh S T Th U V W X Y Z Ỻ ỻ Ỽ ỽ|
|H…||Ha Hc Hd He Hf Hg Hh Hi HJ Hl Hm Hn Ho Hp Hr Hu Hv Hw Hy Hỽ|
|Hw…||Hwa Hwc Hwch Hwd Hwe Hwf Hwh Hwi Hwm Hwn Hwng Hwr Hwt Hwy|
Occurrences of ‘Hwch’
There are 13 occurrences of Hwch.
- NLW MS. Peniarth 20
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. B V part i
- NLW MS. Peniarth 14, pp.101-90
- BL Cotton Cleopatra MS. B V part ii
- NLW MS. 24029 (Boston 5)
- BL Additional MS. 14,912
Words starting with ‘Hwch…’
There are 2 words starting with Hwch….
Note: in this wordlist,
- C & K are considered equivalent, and are represented as C.
- the digraphs Ch, Dd, Ff, Ng, Ll, Ph, Rh, and Th are considered as single characters, and collate after C, D, F, G, L, P, R, and T respectively.
- the ‘middle welsh v’ character ỽ and ‘middle welsh ll’ character ỻ appear as w and ll respectively;
- the character represented by ð in Peniarth 20 appears as dd.